/sights.html Sights

Sights


Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/rugenlan/domains/rugen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3893

Rugen is known for its diverse sights and historical facts. For example, Rugen was the first German resort to build a complex for 20,000 soldiers to recreate here, and instead of replacing Sassnitz, it is only possible to build new ones in the traditional white color. In addition to the above activities there is a 2 double lighthouse in Arkona, and Rugen is perfect for a few days beach.

All sights in a row:

Sights Rugen on map

Toggle Directions

Sights Rugen:

Schwanenstein

The Schwanenstein is a large stray keel that is located about 100 meters northeast of the port of Lohme on the island of Rügen. The stone is in the Baltic Sea and has an estimated weight of 162 tons. The Schwanenstein is about 60 cubic meters in size. This makes it the fifth in size...

Jagdschloss Granitz

One of Rügen’s most famous attractions is the Jagdschloss Granitz. This hunting lodge was built between 1837 and 1851 and is located in the southeast of the island. The castle was built by the Zur Putbus family, and served, as the name says, as a stay for the family and their guests during the hunting...

Jasmund National Park

To protect the chalk cliffs in the Jasmund National Park, it became a protected nature reserve in the 1920s, it was only included in the national park program in 1990. Although Jasmund National Park is mostly known for the chalk cliffs and especially the Konigsstuhl. Still, Jasmund National Park is the best visited National Park...

Her Majesty’s Otus

Her Majesty’s Otus is Rügen’s most famous submarine A museum that is located in an old submarine of 1963, you can not find anywhere. But on the island of Rügen, because there is the original English submarine Her Majesty’s Otus. The Otus was built in a series of 27 identical submarines in the period 1959-1967....

Herthasee Rugen

The Hertha lake is located on the island of Rügen in the Jasmund National Park in the middle of the island. The lake is 170 meters long and 140 meters wide. In the deepest places, the Hertha is more 11 meters deep. On the dike around the lake is Hertha Castle, a fort of 17...

Wittow Beach Rugen

The peninsula, in German Halbinsel, Wittow lies in the northeast of the island of Rügen. It is surrounded by the Baltic Sea. You can reach the island over land only through the Jasmund peninsula. There is also a ferry service to Wittow. Wittow beach is the longest of Rügen, 8 kilometers long. The beach is...

Kreidefelsen

For those who like a strenuous walk and trained in it, a walk from Sassnitz to the Königsstuhl is a nice spending of a day on Rügen. During the walk you have a beautiful view of the Kreidefelsen, or the chalk cliffs along the coast of the island. The walk takes about three hours. Halfway...

Natural Heritage Center Rügen / treetop trail

The most beautiful sunrise you can experience when you get up early and go to the Heritage Center of Rügen. Along the Baumwipfelpfad you can enjoy walking. Especially in the summer months, walks are organized in the early morning for those who want to see the sun rise in this beautiful nature reserve. From all...

Rasender Roland

The Rasender Rolland is a magnificent steam train on Rugen, which can be visited all year long, and it is also possible to drive on the Putbus – Gohren route. The train from 1895 runs at a speed of about 30 km per hour over the route, while the view is nice to photograph! A...

Schloss Spyker

Schloss Spyker originates from the “Swedish time”, it was built between 1570 and 1595. It was donated by the Swedish King Christina to Marshal Carl Gustav Graf von Wrangel for his proven services in the thirties war. After the war, this part belonged to Germany to Sweden. Initially, it was a castle with a finch,...

Seebad Prora / KDF Prora

In the early 1930s, from the then government, the starting point was given for the construction of a large complex for the recreation of the German soldiers who were at the front. The special recreation hotel had to accommodate 20,000 leisure-time recreation workers to relax and unwind. In addition, it had to be used occasionally...

Störtebeker Festspiele

The Störtebeker Festival is held every year from late June to early September. It has been organized since 1993 and takes place on the banks of the Jasmund Bodden in the town of Rasewiek on Rügen. It is Germany’s most successful open air theater. The fact that the festival is extremely popular is the fact...

Schlosspark von Putbus

Putbus castle is the former residence of the Prince of Putbus, which founded the same name in 1810. The castle was demolished in 1962 and since all the remains have been removed since 1964, only the contours in the park where the castle has ever left Stood. Only the terrace on the lake has been...

Zudar

Zudar is a peninsula of about 18 square kilometers belonging to the island of Rügen. Until 2004, Zudar was an independent municipality. From June 2004, Zudar is part of the municipality of Garz. Zudar consists in itself of eight smaller nuclei. The well-known gynecologist Max Hofmeier, who later became a lecturer at the University of...

U-Boot museum Sassnitz

In Sassnitz on Rügen you will find the U-Boot museum, or the submarine museum. The museum is located in the original British submarine Her Majesty’s Submarine Otus from 1963. This submarine model was built between 1959 and 1967 and was renowned for its whispering engine. That’s why this boat got the Nickname “Silent Hunter”, or...